DEADLINE TO ENTER:
JUNE 7, 2012
FIVE FILMS. TWO TEAMS. THREE MONTHS
In order to apply, you must be a current student enrolled in an accredited film program
(or recent graduate within the past year).
EACH TEAM WILL CONSIST OF:
- DPs (cinematographer)
- Camera assistants
- Sound engineers
2315 Louisville Rd. Savannah, GA
The Creative Coast Alliance
15 W York St, Savannah, GA 912 447-8457
All production equipment will be provided courtesy of Meddin Studios. This includes cameras (Canon 5D or 7D), lighting packages and sound recording equipment. Post-production facilities courtesy of Meddin Studios and the SCAD film department.
June 15: Establish team members and roles
June 22: Establish schedule for project teams
June 25 – 27: Orientation
June 27 – 16: Video concepting and scripting
July 16 – September 5: Production
- All teams will stay in contact via Gmail, Skype and YouTube. Production teams will conduct twice a week meetings overseen by National Geographic via Skype.
- Last year’s solutions and videos will be presented and reviewed.
- Research and discussion to take place around relevant ocean issues.
- Discussion of viral content and what makes messages stick, including:
• Synopsis, storyline, visual references, technical needs, post requirements, etc.
- National Geographic to provide feedback.
- Production schedules and locations will be determined along with post-production
- Final videos to be critiqued by National Geographic.
- Upon completion of the program, each intern will receive $800.